Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Are prices turning around

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
The 1st example is already in NZ and has been advertised several times with no takers and now out of the blue it is topping 10 grand.

I have been watching the 2nd site (a Japanese site) for a while now and have definatly seen an increase in the last six months or so in the asking price for SVXs (up to $14K US).
Hairy, "out of the blue" is right!

I watch tradecarview here from Ireland as well, I've imported a few of them. My perception is they are rising a bit in Japan because they are now getting scarce. At the same time they are still dropping here because they are unloved, they carry the costs of a high consumption vehicle here with all the penalties that attracts.

Hairy if you are doing price averages on the models on tradecarview there is one SVX you should leave out of the reckoning. It is stock # 652412, a '95 silver car. They are asking over $10K for this car, yet the pictures show it has been treated hard, dings all over. It has been on there for over two years. Nobody in their right mind would pay the asking price. Nobody has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbieatnz View Post
Theres something a bit weird about that auction.
When that was listed it had a resrve of 5000 on it....
its up to 10,550.00 and hasnt met reserve on it.
I really would had liked that Green SVX only prob with it that it hasnt got the tan leather so is the base model one?
It would be interesting to know if he is friendly with the two bidders who pushed the price past $10K

That particular car is an S3 model. We regard S3s here as the poverty spec model. They don't attract high prices in Japan either, the interior is a big let-down.

In its defense that particular car looks very well cared for, with the bodywork in lovely condition. I suspect if you bought it at the right money you would have yourself a genuinely nice car.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 02-04-2009 at 05:01 AM.