View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I don't know. On mine you can here it, the gasket makes a sound like a kazoo. Tom, you have to keep in mind that these manifolds have been cut into 3rds and welded back together. I welded them while bolted to the engine too stop them from pulling under the heat but you still can't expect them to come out perfectly flat. With that amount of heat there is going to be a little spring when they are unbolted. No big deal, with rtv they will seal up just fine but gaskets obviousliy aren't a safe bet.

[QUOTE=mikecg]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
I had a pretty bad air leak because I had tried to use my old manifold gaskets instead of rtv'ing it. I knew I should have rtv'd it. The motor mount project has left we past exhaustion so I left the pulling and reinstalling of the manifold with rtv for a later date.

QUOTE]

I wonder if I might be leaking? My gaskets are good, but I didnt RTV them. I dont here anything when we rev the engine in the garage, and the boost gauge doesnt lead me to suspect that, but with power falling off when the gauge goes about 5 pounds make wonder.