Thread: WRX Sighting!!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 02:12 PM
micah

Yes, a used Talon is cheaper than a brand new WRX and yes, a modified Talon is faster than a stock WRX. I really didn't think we were comparing used and modified to new and stock. In that case, yes it is "simple".

This is beside the point but were Talons exported from Illinois? What was different about the export ones? I looked at DSM.org and couldn't find anything about export market Talons so if you could just give me the basics that would be great. Don't worry, I'm not going to argue at all because I don't know anything about that. I will defer to what ever you say about the matter.

A stock WRX is a faster, arguably better handling, car than a 1G, 2G or _definitely_ a 3G talon, STOCK. I can make a Festiva faster than a Talon but you don't see me saying that a Festiva can walk all over a Talon.

<shrug> If AWD and mid 14's in the 1/4 is "nothing special" than that's fine for you. For those of us who don't all drive the "gold standard" of a used Talon that doesn't run, it sounds pretty darn good

cheers
mbs

ps My father has a '93 Laser RS and I love that car. One of the worst trends about modern cars is the move away from tight "cockpit" style interiors and that Laser has one. It's one of the only fast cars that makes any sense in Maine too.

Last edited by micah; 03-16-2001 at 02:23 PM.