View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: 2 SVX's.... 2 Problems....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~I~ View Post
I have 2 1994 SVXs; one AWD and one FWD. I've encountered two problems here.

On my AWD car their was never anything at all wrong with it. Well, the altenator went out on me one day so I parked the car while I had a replacement unit shipped to me. After I had a shop install the alternator, I noticed the tranny won't shift until a high rpm or until 21 miles per hour. Now I noticed I don't have second gear. If I'm on the interstate and try to kick it down into passing gear, it like slips to neutral. I don't understand cause it wasn't like that before I parked it. Could it be a speed sensor or was it just time for the tranny to give? I still drive the car.

I just bought my FWD SVX. It won't start with a key. It has a Chapman security system on it with a remote starter. The car will only start like every 20 times with the remote also. it clicks maybe like starter is going out. i don't know if it is meybe the security or the starter? anyone know what any of this could be????

Fixed your post.

For your first SVX, I would suggest first checking your trans fluid.

On your second SVX, it sounds like you are not getting good contact either at your ignition switch, starter, or battery. Check and clean associated electrical connections at the battery, ground, and starter. Inspect for split cables.

Good Luck.