View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 08:01 PM

Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren
Hi,

Not totally sure of your set up but we had a starlet turbo with a modified turbo runnng higher boost, the engine started throwing oil out of every place it could.

The problem was diagnosed as pressure getting into the oil feed pipe from a faulty internal seal on the turbo and finally failing in a cloud of white smoke and bits of turbo all over the place, there was no smoking before it let go. After the new turbo was fitted it never happended again & the car is still going strong and being thrashed by the new owner.
Very interesting. My turbo has very little miles on it. So I'm hoping that is not it. Also I am smelling fuel so I think it is leaking by somewhere after the fuel is injected. I wonder if a head gasket could cause this. Periodically I have seen fuel in my coolant.

Oba-au - I do need to take pics of my setup and post them huh . Well the setup is pretty simple actually. PCV off and blocked. Vents venting to atmosphere. The only thing that recirculates are the auxilliary air intake and
idle air controller. EGR disconnected and plugged. Should not be too much oil, but simple things like that are good to mention.

Trevor - No offence ever taken. I appreciate simple and complex possibilities.

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Keep them comming.

Another note to Oba-au. No smoke out the tailpipe. Yep I'm perplexed! Thanks for the vote of confidence in my engine! I do get a fuel smell out of my crankcase though. I've checked the injectors for leaks. Checked them out of the intake with the pump on. No leaks. I think one of the problems I am having now is I removed my cold air intake and the breather vents are close to the intake. With all of this air leaking by, it seems that it could be sucked up by the intake, making fuel difficult to control.