View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
New Orleans is a perfect example of how NOT to run a city/state. The Mayor and Governor should be strung up. They had ample time to set up rescue strategies, prepare stockpiles of food, water, and medicine. They did not. They chose to wait until the last minute and then tell people to evacuate - To tell them they are on their own without help.

Now these same people are blaming the rest of the Country for not jumping in sooner??? The US didn't choose to ignore the last decade of warnings from the Army Core of Engineers about the levies. The US didn't choose to take 70 million dollars allocated for Levey strengthening and repair out of the budget and replace it with tourism ad spending. The US isn't the ones who chose to allow swamp land to be torn up for housing subdivisions, against the warnings from environmental studies by universities and the federal government. The local and state leaders did that.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of the name calling going on in that state. It shows a total lack of leadership on the part of the Mayor and Governor. They have taken a tragedy (That is partially their fault) and turned it into a political soapbox for themselves.

Mark my words you will see clips of this tragedy in some attack ads in the 2008 presidential election.

Doug
^^werd, i agree with you.