View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX towhitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevebsy View Post
You will have to make the hitch yourself, as nobody offers one commercially.

I recently made one based on the plans that Tuzem and ConnSVX used. Do some searching for trailer hitch and you will find pictures.

Basically you need to buy a 2" square tube, a receiver tube, and some 2" x 1/4" flat bar, and some 1/2" or 3/8" bolts to put it all together. If you make it yourself you can do it for < $100.

I'll post some pics of mine if you like.

With 4.444 gears it had no trouble towing a u-haul 4x8 trailer with a bunch of my junk inside. Though I did have to remove the waterfall grille to get more airflow as the temp was starting to creep up sometimes, though it was a high 90's temp day when that happened. After I took the grille out it was fine. With stock 3.54 gears you will probably be fine too, just a little slower to get up to speed. Take it easy on acceleration and you shouldn't have much problem with 900lbs.
Not so sure about that. I'll have to do some searching but I think there was one available once upon a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer+hitch.jpg (33.5 KB, 351 views)

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 06-15-2011 at 06:26 PM.