View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: Thinking the 3.3 has got to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
Why not just buy a faster car rather than trying to make an SVX into something it isn't (and ruining it in the process)?
There are several SVXi with very stout engines among the forum that are hardly ruined. With the above statement, you might be blanketing manual trans swaps, as well. Some would say that with higher power or a stick, they would have been right in the first place. Others would say that with higher power or a stick, they would have kept up with their marketplace competition at the time.

The Fiero is a great example of a car that started with an engine bay that needed emptying (go go, 2.5L Iron Duke) so the inspiration is clear.

I've wondered what it would be like to place the EZ30R engine in the SVX (250hp stock and open source tunable, I believe) and I'm not alone. The EZ36 supposedly has a fistful of security interlocks along the harness including the ignition... If it's true, then the question of how hard it would be to override stands, although a standalone could be tacked on at that point.

I can't justify any particular direction, but I'm surely not afraid to see what someone can concoct with an engine that is not the bizarre critter we call EG33.