View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
I compliment you on trying to cover all the bases but, as I've said many times before, most people will be best served by saving their pennies and going to a bona-fide driving school. Not only will that put you light years ahead of the others on the track (yeah, I've got lotttts of experience with those guys) but you win more races and not abuse your equipment while doing so. Besides, it's great fun!
Duely noted, I doubt I'll be at it but the other half of the racing team will be at a school next Saturday. I'd be there too but I'm on borrowed time as it is. My wife was due on Thursday. Just waiting for the ordeal to begin . Went to the school 2 years ago though and as the car gets the majority of what it needs done to make it legal for Solo 1 then I'll be going to those schools as money becomes available (blood for sale!!! Very rare type too!!!)

I definately wouldn't go down so far as to hurt the engine majorly, just down far enough so as to keep everything as low as possible. An oil cooler is in the plans in the near future as is 5w 30 mobil syn (best of the cheaper). Lower oil is a time tested method by most in solo racing and really doesn't affect most engines. I know all to well that a boxer engine is different though. Just trying to get an idea on how low I can go safely

As for Lucas products commuter, I'm not overly convinced. I've VERY sceptical of products that don't have indie lab results backing them up (Lucas, Purple Power, Redline, etc...). IMO they may be the bomb but I prefer time tested lab results to back it up not what the maker claims and since I don't have the money to invest in the lab work I rely on what I can find. There just isn't anything out there on these products that I've come across.

As for the light, it comes on that low huh for o.p.? I guess I'm not suprised as the trans temp light comes on just below the temp in which most tranny fluids will catch fire.