View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Help me choose number 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Consider the possibility that you are hard on your car. That clearly isn't why you toasted tranny #5. That was the backwards filter. But the others make me wonder. As such, do whatever you can to make it bullet proof without spending excessive cash. The idea of a new front diff plus LAN's TCU plus LAN's valve body is a really good idea. Now, add high quality gear oil in your diffs and high quality ATF in the tranny. I like Redline. OT likes BG. LAN likes Subaru with the Lubegard additive. Take your pick as I think they are all good options. And then you have the external cooler. If you haven't added one, your probably should. And you probably should go with the lowest flow resistance cooler you can while maintaining good cooling. Plumb it in bypass mode. I have a 10,000 GVW tube and fin cooler. I think 10,000GVW is more than enough and you might even be OK, or better off, with a smaller one. When you get to low GVW, I think tube and fin is better than plate because the flow resistance is lower. I had guys at Summitt Racing verify this for me.
Dave is anything but hard on his trannies. Took his lego tranny to something like 265k or so before it failed on original fluid no less. 3 of his trannies were jy trannies which all lasted longer than his factory reman pos. He's had a cooler and a proper gauge on it for at least 4 of his trannies. Oh and before you make fun of his lack of t.f. change in the lego. He saved enough to buy all of his trannies by not changing the fluid.

I do think I figured out why OT thinks a 302 is a stupider idea.. he wants a big block.

I just wanna know if he looked hard enough for the dif or if it will turn up eventually.