View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Not likely. Get outside much?
I could ask the same of you, but at least I realize the ratio of decent people to fools is region dependent. There a lot of street racers where you live?

Quote:
Again, I never said she doesn't do stupid things, but the fact that she does have a hobby that is "outside the box" so to speak, I have alot of respect for her.
Ok, terrific. I'm just saying that a vast majority of people on the planet have "hobbies". That's like respecting someone just because they have dinner every night. Most people do it, some don't, but the ones who don't aren't necessarily bad people.
I can see respecting her as a competent driver, for driving, but this speaks nothing outside of her hobby.
Quote:
No, because it's not my problem to worry about these peoples opinions about her or anyone else, I only worry about my decisions
I suppose that's better for your health, to be apathetic.

Quote:
Im not bothered by this at all. Maybe I've got a hidden agenda and had the OP make this thread just to lure you in here to have this very debate with you.
Funny. I just wanted to see Cindy McCain drifting, but I saw someone in need of direction. It's not just in this thread, I've seen it all around people who decided to vote based on decisions like this. It horrifies me. I just wish gstape would respond and put my fears to rest.

Quote:
Again, that's just your opinion. I live by a general "You worry about you, I'll worry about me" sort of stance
Your opinion differs from mine? Just because you prefer to not be concerned about others, does this mean you do not think they can make stupid decisions?
Am I correct in assuming you happily and knowingly allow people to make certain unsavory decisions because you'd have them fend for themselves, provided they do the same for you?
That is not how checks and balances work. Consider my "worrying" to be "checking the balance". It seems tipped in favor of ludicrousness.

Anyway. I do not want to "debate" this issue, but will happily read and possibly respond in a minimal fashion to your next post, if you so chose to write one.

--
By the way, if you don't like what I said please don't read this.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 11-06-2008 at 02:04 PM.