View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:53 PM
The NEWBIE

Registered SVX
Re: should i buy the SVX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95 View Post
David, on my behalf what I think is that you should still have a backup car because of the fact for example if you have anything fail on this car or need service, most of the time it takes (for me on average) about 1-2 weeks to get a new part shipped to my door.
thanks you for the heads up! i will take that into consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSVXintheChi View Post
hey David, i will tell you what i bought my SVX when i was 19 and i have loved it (for the most part) everyday...i drive mine everyday and over the last year i have put more money into it than what i paid for it...i paid 2,835 for mine and i have put about 3,000 into it over the last 2 years
i hope i get lucky with the brakes...i mean how often do they "seize up" or wear out? it's ~1500 without the brakes and that i can manage...as i said before my biggest concern is the transmission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Easy there turbo, I never said you were a crap driver, I was just emphasizing the strong points of the car. You asked about how much power it made and I said yes, it's slow, but it's still a pile of fun to drive.
i wasn't offended i just wanted to make sure you won't call me that
150 is really not enough even for daily use(and a ~20 YO car will have some horses less than new so we might be dealing with 120ish
and 120BHP takes decades to get to 60...sometimes slow cars are more dangerous than faster ones you know!