View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: Losing my day job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Sorry to hear Mike. I might think taking the Freehold route may be best while searching for a new job. That will at least buy you more time than the two weeks of severence.
Tim,

Moving my work to Freehold would result in

A) An increase of mileage on my SVX from 315-350 per week to 660-700miles driven per week!

B) Due to the longer commute I would not be able to make it to any of my evening classes for college.

C) I would have even less time to devote to All We'll Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
Confused,
MY last 'promotion' resulted in a $12,000 pay CUT!!

I used to get all the work I wanted at a lower pay scale, now I make more but OVERTIME is all GONE!!

After 6 years of 'living off the overtime', I now have to deal with 40 hours!

Sorry Mike!! Don't want to steal your thread.

Things are tough all over!!

Best of luck in your search..

Then again, might just be the time to go ALL OUT on the 'evening job'..

Jerry,

My favorite conflict is when during the same conversation, I was told by my district manager that I should becoming in at 7:30 daily, and leaving at 5, but to "watch my hours" because we aren't supposed to be getting overtime.

Idiocy.

I'm going to be making some calls over the next business days to see if I can come up with something else, and I will be filing for unemployment once I am told what my last day will be (I am told it will be sometime next week most likely. They have already shut the shop down, but I have to be there until the phones are re-routed to a neighboring shop and the sign is taken down.)