View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Steve-

Excellent questions, first off, a pure electric car won't work because we have some significant hills arround here.

I don't really NEED performance, but not gutless either, 10-12 seconds would be fine, and AWD also, range is what I'm after, the little Loyal wagon would do fine, perhaps have a 6-10 HP generator that always runs on longer trips? Or a larger engine that is used as needed, more likley

A top speed of 80-90mph would be nice, but more important is the ability to go up hills for longer periods, so most likley a slightly larger electric motor.

Range, 150 miles minimum, but with a diesel generator and a stock sized fuel tank 1000 miles isn't out of the question, my 40 horse kubota uses arround 1.25-1.5 GPH at full throttle, and .5gph at ~1800 rpm light loads, so I figure I should be under .5gph

I would like a bit of cargo space, but a small wagon is enough.

I really need to find the power consumption of various electric motors used in the electric automotive world to judge generator size, a little big is better than a little small, but way big is pointless.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.