View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpstafresh View Post
i alredy used mmo, i also tried an engine flush before.
it seemed to be the quietest with some thicker oil and, "engine honey". in the morning alot of times it doesnt tick.

the reason everyone says use mmo for the noisy lifters on this car is because, i guess it's usually a clogged passage way to the lifter, so it doesnt get enough oil. i think maby mine were like that for too long. or maby it is something else.

is there room under the hood to remove the valve covers. it looks pretty tight on the sides there.

and ive only had the car for about 11000 miles, ive probably changed the oil 5 or 6 times. i have no prior knoeledge as to what has been done to this car as far as repairs.(i did find out the ecu has already been "crushed"[snipped]).

i dont know what kind of condition the oil pump is in, or if it has ever been changed. ill do a search on the oil pump.

supposedly i have high flow cats that are pretty new according to the guy who sold me the car.
Yeah you can remove the valve covers with the engine in the car. Not the easiest thing to do but doable. You're sure that it isn't a loud injector right? My SVX has an injector that flips out every so often after sitting for a couple weeks.