View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post
There are two coolant bypass hoses right along the side of the water pump, I'd replace both of them. They're on the opposite side as where your leak is, so I don't think they're the cause
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're not the cause, but I'm leaning towards replacing those and all of the rest of the heater/bypass hoses.

Quote:
Were the oil seals done when the timing belt was? It wouldn't hurt to do them again either way...
After taking a closer look at my service records, I see that the dealer replaced the crank seal (806733030 "oil seal") along with the timing belt (13028AA120) at the 60K service, but they did not replace the cam seals (806732150). Should I replace those now or wait until the next time I replace the timing belt (~10K to go)?

Interestingly, the invoice does not show that the dealer replaced any of the timing belt cover seals (13584AA090, 13586AA060, 13597AA010, 13587AA000). If I do replace those now, will I need to replace them again with the timing belt, or might I be able to re-use them?