View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 09:35 PM

SVX + guard rail = totaled (pics included)

Well unfortunately, my SVX is no more. Wednesday night coming back from work, the roads were snow packed. I was driving very cautiously in the fast lane, leaving about 12 seconds of stopping distance between myself and the car in front of me, staying off the brakes and driving at a slow speed. However, there was this d!ck head in a Lexus sedan in the middle lane driving recklessly. He was tail gating people, lane hopping and driving too fast. What ended up happening was he skidded sideways into my lane. In order to avoid ramming into him, I had to slam on my brakes. My anti locks have never functioned correctly. The front wheels would always keep going while the back ones would lock up. A recipe for disaster. After hitting my brakes hard, my car skidded sideways and I was unable to regain control. I slid sideways into the corner of a guard rail at an off ramp, driver's side first. Here is the aftermath.

It's a damn shame because my SVX was in such great condition and these things are few and far between these days. I had been maintaining it very well and I never planned on selling it. Fortunately, my drive train is still good, so I might have it swapped into another svx with a bad engine/tranny, etc. If anyone knows of a cheap SVX in Colorado with mechanical issues, but in good cosmetic shape, please let me know. Oh, and I have liability insurance only.

Thanks.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 03-11-2006 at 09:38 PM.