View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcuseme
Thanks for the info Bill. My problem is a little different. I get jerks or stumbles as the car accelerates, usually under load and under 2000rpm. I also get a serious stumble/jerk when accelerating hard sometimes between 3000-4000 rpms. I did have a stalling issue until I changed the MAF. I'm totally stumped.

I've swapped the following parts to no avail.
-MAF
-Ignitor
-both Cam sensors
-New TPS a couple months ago
-Cleaned intake and TB
-New PCV valve
-New plugs (OEM)
-replaced all coils with used working
-new fuel filter
-?????

I'm going to look at my crank pulley, crank sensor, and timing setup. I haven't changed the timing belt since I bought the car. It is due. Maybe there are some clues under the timing covers. Also even though I never saw evidence of spark leak I may try and seal up the boot or find new boots and eventually new coils

Question
Anyone no where to get new boots for our coils and what the part number was (Assuming you bought a new wire set and used the boots)?
Thinking about it, to get a "stumble jerking", something would have to suddenly go on and off. It is different to the effect that the MAF or fuel starvation would cause. I feel it would be electrical, you have ruled out the coils, but some thing is turning either the spark or fuel on and off.

You say you replaced bothcam sensors. There is only one cam sensor, and two crank sensors. This is the sort of effect that I would expect if the crank signal was interrupted. It would turn the spark and injection on and off, you may also see the rev counter flick as it is driven by the crank sensor.

Having gone through all that. It could also be a bad ground to the engine. The main one is at the back of the block to the firewall, below the Igniter block. If this is having trouble, it would cause the same effect, by turning the injection on and off.

I feel it has to be along these lines somewhere.Back to you.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.