Thread: Grrrrrrrrrrrr
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 04:25 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Angry Scary

I just re-read the first post and I'm scared at how accurate I was. I took my car to Subaru today to have the bolt fixed. Despite my first post which stated a 7:30 appt., it was a 9:30 appt. The guy there is really nice and he says they'll look at it and call me at work with an estimate. Well, I get a call at 3:00 that says they'll know for sure at...5:00! I nailed that one! Despite being told it would be finished today, followed by me asking "What if they have to drop the engine to do the work?" and receiving a confident "Yes, we'll finish," they tell me, "We're gonna try to get to it using an angle drill. If that doesn't work we'll have to drop the engine." So I say, "So you may need to keep it there overnight." He says, "Yea." So, I was slightly off by predicting that i'd have to bring the car back in the morning. But, hey, at least I can't drive it tonight . But it gets worse. "It's gonna be $140 to start,"...TO START?!?!?!?!? You better be able to drill a hole in a damn bolt for $140 dollars!!!! So, at 5:00, as I predicted, they will actually be able to tell me what the cost and time requirements are. It's only been there for 7 hours so far, I guess it's too much to ask of them, as car mechanics, to figure out how to extract a bolt in less than 12 hours. I mean, I'm sure they've NEVER had to do it before??? I hate Subaru. That's my final comment. I hate Subaru. I like Subarus, but I hate Subaru.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me