View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 11:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
It's illegal because it's a MIND altering substance. Ever seen someone drive while they are high? Tell the family of the people they kill it's harmless. Alcohol takes alot more volume to cause impairment then dope. So one joint affects you more then a few beers do. I'm not saying alcohol isn't dangerous, that's why it's also illegal to drink and drive. So let's get off the stupid government conspiracy crap. Dope isn't illegal because it makes cheaper paper. It's because of the affects it causes. While under the influence of any drug you are not capable of making rational decisions. I find it amusing that people have to defend a mind altering substance. I never used it, and wow, don't really feel like I missed out on anything. I think I'll be happy using my mind 100% of the time they way it should be. You want to do something like that fine, but don't talk about how great it is. If anything you do hinders your ability to do anything, then I fail to see it's greatness. Why don't we discuss how robbing a bank isn't that bad. I mean the money is insured by the big government conspiracy types, and as long as no gets hurt that what's the harm right? Funny thing about logic. You can always turn it around to make something seem like it's no big deal.
Truthfuly, I've seen people drive when they were stoned like after parties for example. I was with them. Their driving was no worse than when they were not stoned becides the fact that they drove slower. But then again they were good drivers to begin with.

If some inexperianced 16 year old driver who just started driving went off and got stoned and tried to drive it would be a different story. And in most of the cases where someone is hurt they find pot in the persons blood but there is no way to tell when they did it from that and along with that they tend to find alcohol and just don't put that part into the TV ads. The driver could have been tired too. Having no sleep for 24 hours can do alot more harm than any pot or a little alcohol. The reasoning behind all of this crap is "OMG OMG he had marijuana in his system, that caused it all" same reefer madness, just a different story.

Oh, and there are many legal mind altering substances you can buy at the local drug store. Robotussin (SP?) for example. Some variants of it have DXM in it. People overdose on it to alter their mind in ways that pot would never do. And I'm sure if someone tried to drive with this in them it would be quite unpleasant. Oh, and this stuff actually does mess up your brian from what I hear. SO WHY IS IT LEGAL??????