View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 07:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Re: Disagree.. and agree..

Quote:
Originally posted by CGLathrop
I disagree wiz...
I do believe all that "government mis-information crap" Maybe its a free bag to you, but others see it as contributing to the cause. So you get high, and others see it and think it might be fun. So the get some, get addicted, and buy something stronger. Before you know it, they are buying hash or meth and there you have it. Sorry, but (in my eyes) people that toke are an advertisment to do drugs and that is not going to help the U.S. Keep reading though.. you might be surprised at what I say at the end.
Ok, I agree there are some idiots out there who will smoke weed and move on to hard stuff like crack. Although I don't know about the addiction thing. My family has a history of addictive personalitys but yet even after having smoked weed for more than a year at this point I'd rather spend my money on getting rid of bills than getting another baggy and letting the bills pile up. The free thing was an example btw.

Its all kind of a matter of the individual. There are some people out there who will abuse. Its really the same with any drug including over the counter stuff. There are some who use it responsibly and some who don't. It just seems that those who don't are turned into a media frenzy and those who do are ignored like they don't exist because it would destory the whole reason for getting rid of drugs. There are some over the counter drugs that anyone can buy that will do more damage than weed ever will.

I think all drugs should be legalized but also very strictly regulated. Frankly heroin and morphene are on a simaler level of danger (drugs I would never touch). So why is one legal and the other is not? They can both be used for pretty much the same effect I believe.

Oh, for those who did not know hemp can also be used to make diesel fule. You would have an unlimited supply than can be produced for very little money. If hemp was legal we could have cheap fule driving nice engines like VW's V10 TDI. 24mpg with over 550 ft/lbs torque.