View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 05:30 PM
CGLathrop

Disagree.. and agree..

I disagree wiz...
I do believe all that "government mis-information crap" Maybe its a free bag to you, but others see it as contributing to the cause. So you get high, and others see it and think it might be fun. So the get some, get addicted, and buy something stronger. Before you know it, they are buying hash or meth and there you have it. Sorry, but (in my eyes) people that toke are an advertisment to do drugs and that is not going to help the U.S. Keep reading though.. you might be surprised at what I say at the end.

I also agree wiz...
That the oil we are buying is supporting terrorism. After living in Germany for 4 years and seeing many wind turbines all over Europe I believe that the U.S is lagging behind. It is estimated that North Dakota alone would be able to supply half the U.S. with power if we were to put in the wind turbines and start harvesting wind power. South Dakota could then supply the other half, and Nebraska could have make energy to export (for money) to Mexico or Canada. Of course, that would put such a hurting on big oil that G.W.B. wouldnt like that. I would love to see us reduce our oil consumption to just our vehicles and have the electricity for our houses be all from wind power. Will it happen?? maybe some day, but most likely not for a very long time. Did you see were OPEC wants us to give the money to support there way of life if there is a reduction in oil consumption? Yup, was on the news a week or two ago.

I agree with Chicane (I think?)
I do support making the "herb" legal, Just like alcohol and cigars. It would have to be well controlled, and of course taxed! Taxes alone could go a long way to reducing the national debt. Of course, we would get the same problems we have now in the U.S. with people filing law suits against anyone who might have just a little money for them to get because they smoked for 50 years and now have a persistant cough. The other fact is that the plant has other good qualities. You can make more paper for less money off the plant then from a tree. I have also heard that it makes good clothing. Now, with the stuff legalized, we could have our police forces concentrate on more important things (Murder, Rape, Theft of SVX's).

Ok. I am not usually one to express my beliefs on a web site. But I guess once in a while it is O.K. Just so you all know, I do respect your opinions, and will "agree to disagree". This is one reason why I am serving in the military, so you can express your opinions with out having to worry about getting thrown in jail and beaten to death.

Interesting article on CNN's web site.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...sts/index.html

Chris.