Thread: long
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 08:30 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Talking long

this weekend I installed my perma-cool trans cooler in front of the a/c condenser and it came out very nicely i'll post some pics I used mobil 1 $$$atf$$$, I started by stripping my drain plug because it's too close to my downpipe. I dropped the pan along w/8qts of nasty fluid on my face so i could heat the drain plug while i's not on the tranny. I got a new plug fron the dealer cause nobody had any of course. I changed the internal filter and the factory external, painted and rein stalled the trans pan, not a drop has fallen since thank god. BTW I ran it in series with the upgraded radiator. Here is what I'm getting to please be patient, I ordered a trans temp guage to go in place of the it's time for a new tranny light.
I was then thinking of getting an air fuel meter for the door ajar side of the dash.
my question is I have a modified exhaust w/no pre cats, air fuel meters get readings from o2 sensors. Correct me if I'm wrong but this reading from the o2
is used by the ecu to correct air fuel mixture. Is it correct that i should get a reading more on the rich side due to unignited fumes from missing pre cats, that will only be corrected by the ecu and be brought back to stauch.
I hope that all of the air intakes and exhaust mods are not done only to be cancelled out by the ecu. I was reading about the legacy 2002 fuel pressure regulator mod could this also get cancelled out. someone please enlighten me on the function of o2 output and ecu function. check out my locker for intake,exhaust mods, new guage locations and cooler install. TIA Mike

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel