View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelisevil
Danny

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe I've heard most of these 'conflicts' go back well over 1,000 years.

Dan
Yes Dan, more like forever, you know the Israeli/Palestinians conflict go back to Abraham's period , the Israeli's are the offspring of Abraham's legit wife, and the Palestinians are the offspring of the wife's maid...

But pls understand that USA and Europe have interests in the ME. Either Oil or Military bases, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Kuwait have oil, Syria has some oil wells (but I think they are sufficient for locally only and a little bit to Lebanon, but it's a bad quality kind) so no interest for USA in Syria. I assume you heard Condolisa Rice saying "We have no interest of changing the political structure in Syria, we just want to tame it..."
Lebanon has the mediterranean location, in fact in the middle of the coast, so our location is good for some bases. The babble about it is that both France and USA are looking to establish bases here, in the southern Lebanon and in the northeastern area (Bekaa, check earth for it) and I think there will be another one on the coast...

It is true, war was always a part of the region, but understand that no one will do you favors like helping you stopping the war FOR FREE, nothing is free of charge, interests are always there...

So in the media you will hear that "USA interviened and stopped the war for the sake of the high toll death in civilians..." yeaaaaaaaaah right. Think more objectively, always. USA & Europe = Natural Resources + Bases

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.