View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 06:19 PM

Re: Initial hesitation

You'll have to forgive me it's been a hot min since I read much on the SVX.
But I do recall the canister develops cracks or leaks over time. and yes it's another source of the elusive surging idle. more or less sounds like you have a leak somewhere and You've found it. there's also an Iris valve buried in the intake that causes issues when dirty. but since it's been so long since I looked at how things were routed I'd say look up some of the scans of the technical manual of intake and vacuum routing. I know there are MANY posts covering the EGR, and Canister as well as lines. but right now my knowledge of what lines go where and how they are routed is a bit limited. Be careful with some as they get VERY brittle. pcv is buried in the middle plenum under the decal plate and has a shaped hose, easiest fix ( heater hose and be done. the rest of the connections on the valve covers and other ports just too easy to grab a bulk cut of silicone. might be easier. I'd also post on the facebook pages for the group as many members are active. I've kinda been out of the game since I lost mine.

But yeah I recall some info on the canister more or less goes bad and cracks form around it. Biggest demon with this car is things just get OLD brittle and rot. Rubber rot plastic hardens and snaps.

Ryan