View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
I've said it before and i'll say it again, the only thing wrong with the new GTO is it's name. They should have called it a G8 and no one would be complaining. Oh well.

Note about the "Monaro" GTO...I agree that the Monaro looks way better all around than the GTO...but don't think you're going to buy a US made GTO and order the Monaro body panels to make yours a Monaro. I know two guys who did it, both spent well over $12,000 complete. That's just not worth it. Best bet is to order the "SAP" (ground effects) package and the "Autocross Grilles" which Alan mentioned a few posts back. Change out the wheels for some aftermarket pieces, or even the optional GM 18 inchers. You'll have cured most of the GTO's looks problems at that point, for way less than $12,000. Granted you won't get those "what the heck is that thing?!" looks, but i think you could make up for that with the plethora of go fast goodies available for the LS-series motors these days.

Just like I always say when I hear GTO-knockers talking - go drive it, then talk. The car has one heck of a knack for turning even the deepest skeptics into believers.