View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: JDM Power switch pic or explaination plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Get a stencil made out of premium grade vinyl at a local sign shop. If you bring in the button they should be able to scan it to match font and size. Remove the old writing with acetone, be careful not to melt the plastic by leaving it on to long. Lay your stencil down and paint over it with 2 thin coats of thinned out white nail polish. Allow time to dry between coats, then remove vinyl. You may have to wet sand it down a little to remove any rough edges.
The problem with this is that the lettering is on there in the reverse of what you describe. The black portion of the button is actually absent where the lettering on the buttons are, with a translucent white surface beneath it - the lettering is not painted over the top of it (if that makes any sense). I would have to scrape off enough of the black portion of the button to fit the word in there, down to the white translucent surface (did this already) and then have cutouts of the individual letters made (difficult, due to the size), place them on there and then paint over them. Once the paint was dry, I'd have to peel the sticker letters off. I'm not sure this will be possible though, due to the small size of the lettering.

A vinyl shop is a good idea though, I may call around and see if someone would be able to do something like that.