View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 06:59 PM
1992 Subaru SvX

Send a message via AIM to SvXSubaru92
im back

WELLL... After a long break of doing nothing about the Subaru, problems continue.

I tried starting the car up 2 days ago and it wouldn't start, Yesterday I cleaned the plugs. All 3 one the drivers side were wet(with gas), and the 3 on the Passenger side were all black. While they were out, I cranked the engine with the fuel pump disconnected. I cleaned the plugs, and the car started. I constantly had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running. I let it go to low and it died, would start back up, just sputter.

So before cleaning the plugs again today, I went to our local dealer and bought a new Coolant Temperature Sensor after seaching on this forum for some info. Installed it, and no difference in starting.So today I cleaned them again, and still no luck. I tried messing with the TPS, and still no difference. Exept for a code for the TPS.

The problems before I gave up on this car for a bit, was that if the fuel injector cable was disconnected, it wouldn't have any affect on the car. Only 2 specific injectors caused the engine to die.. What the heck is goin on!?

Thanks for any help, I'm hoping to have this car ready for winter.

PS:Can I still clear trouble codes if the engine doesnt start?

-Slawek