View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
fl_svx

Resale and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter
I was looking at autotrader.com yesterday and I think the value of the older SVX's 92, 93, 94 is holding.
There are a couple of rules of thumb in play here. Obviously with the probability that there will be an expensive tranny failure means that prices will be depressed, however this in part only a state of mind. As the 'bad' tranny cars are parted out (being kind here), the ratio of bad versus good decreases over time. Those of us who take care of our cars and maintain them will always demand a higher price, this is obvious. Over time, the only cars left are the good ones. What the SVX has going for it are the things that will make them quite valuable. The styling for one. AWD is now coming into it's own. Name me an AWD 2 door coupe that is as affordable and entertaining as the SVX. Parts are plentiful and should remain so for the time being. Look at the prices of a 72 Daytona or Ford/DeTomaso Pantera, both of which cost new around $13-14k. I see the SVX in the same light. Over time, the value will catch up with the car. There will always be a market for an SVX. So if you want more than one, I'd suggest looking now, while they are still affordable. Supply and demand, you know.