View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 02:01 AM

Could it be this?

I've tried everything to get rid of the clunking and squeeking. The first time, I took the pads off and cleaned both the pads and rotors. Squeek, grind, vibrate, clunk.

The second time, I just made sure the pivot bolt and the two other bolts were as tight as I could get them. Squeek, grind, vibrate, clunk.

The third time, I took the pads off and applied anti squeek gel to the backing of all 4 pads. Squeek, grind, vibrate, clunk.

The fourth time I tried this pin trick. Squeek, grind, vibrate, and clunking is starting to come back.

It seems as though every time I screw with my brakes, the clunking sound goes away temporarily, then starts getting progressively worse with time. Then I screw with my brakes some more, the clunking goes away again, then gets worse with time. You get the drift.

I didn't hear the clunk noise today, but have started hearing a hint of clunking tonight. I'm guessing it will get worse with time. Just a get feeling.

Could this have something to do with the brake cylindars becomming "sticky," allowing the caliper to flop around? Is that possible?

Last edited by DavieGravy; 07-03-2003 at 02:16 AM.