View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Quick Change Shift Kit Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
Wouldn't the exclusion of torque reduction on turbo models equipped with a phase 1 4EAT serve as proof that subaru was not concerned with the longevity of the transmission?

I'll have to dig up my road and track guide to the svx to verify, but IIRC there was a section devoted to the pursuit of a seamless gear change on the svx to promote the luxury car ideal. Of course that is not fact as it is journalism, but the fact that concurrent subaru models of similar weight and torque did not use torque reduction while the svx did is evidence to validate the article.
edit: here is the page from the R&T guide
Quote:
"Gear changing was brought to luxury coupe levels of smoothness by instituting a torque management program which cuts fuel to half of the engine's cylinders on the 1-2 gearshift"
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 03-23-2010 at 07:17 PM.