Thread: Hydra Nemesis
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Hydra Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko View Post
I feel for your perspective, but I can't really fault SVX owners for being cheap. One of the attractions of the SVX has been an interesting car for not much money. And realistically, since there isn't much more that can be had over the stock tune with an NA motor, the Nemesis is only needed for people who plan to turbo or SC the motor. Its perfect for those people though, and they should all be buying one.

RE: knock maps/algorithm - Not much use if they aren't properly calibrated. Has anyone (e.g. Hydra or some fanatical member) generated an accurate table or tuned the algorithm?
The knock function is based on a count threshold. Basically, if the engine sees what needs to be defined as ignition knock beyond a certain count it defaults timing and fuel to a limp home map which flickers the CEL and runs like total crap... I have not been too far into this because I have been setting up really basic road tunes just to get these systems going... I have done my best to make it absolutely clear to all owners it needs to be tuned by a certified Hydra tuner, who should be making the proper trims for knock thresholds

Tom