View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 07:24 AM

Normally your right the tanks suck from the bottom but on my semi and alot of others out there the tanks are rotated within the straps so now the outlet is about 1 to 3 inches from the bottom. The reason tanks are rotated is for one of two reasons. The crossover line has been replaced with a shorter line and you have to rotate the tanks to make it fit or the body of the sleeper berth interferes with fueling the tanks (aftermarket chrome light assemblies that attach to the bottom of the sleeper berth are the main reason) and you have to rotate the tanks to get the fuel nozzel into the tanks. Then when your really leaned over (to the left in my case) the junk on the bottom of the opposite tank spills into the feed tank. Then when you are upright again, you suck the junk up untill it falls below the outlet. Otherwise your completely correct and I shouldn't have even mentioned that in my other post because it had nothing to do with why his filter would clog. Sorry for trying to cross diagnose diesel and gas engine problems, and good luck.