View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Nick O

Well, I really don't have much time at all for car shopping....I've already planned a trip to Florida exactly a month from today, so time's running out and I need something ASAP. That having been said I really didn't have time to search high and low for a low mileage SVX in good shape, as well as any other cars I was putting in my wants list.

The one I was looking at seemed like a good idea at the time, but after much thought, I really don't want to buy another car at the end of it's life span. On a car with that many miles, it's hard to know what could go wrong at any given time, especially on one with a questionable past from a shaddy used car lot of whom I don't know the owner personally. My Supra had 240k miles, my Acura had 162k miles, etc. As cool as they were, and as cool as the SVX is, they've already had the life driven out of them. Everything's worn down by then and they turn into money pits.

So, the ending of the story, I went to the dealer I bought my last car from (a friend of my brother's), he bought back the acura and gave me a sweet deal on an 01 stratus coupe with 50k miles. Yes, ok, so I sold out. But that's not saying I'll never get an SVX...When I sell my Supra (if I do), this is definately one of the 3 cars I'll be looking for to toy around with or build up as a 2nd car or possibly a car for my gf. From the responses I've got already, I can tell this community is alot more friendly and seems a bit more "me" than the other scenes I've been invovled with, and I'd like to be able to be a part of it someday.

Thank you all for your advice and info on shopping for one....hopefully I'll use it someday