View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
Really depends on what was damaged and why it's a good idea to have it looked over thoroughly.
There's plenty of risk in buying pretty much anything that's over 14 years old.

have your boby man check it out along with your mechanic and then if it's worth it,(no blinking power light when you start the car, no check engine light,etc.) then tell the guy what you found out about it and you'll give him 2,500 or so for it. i bought mine off a used cor lot here in akron for 3500 bucks and it had 118k miles, body is very nice except for faded spoiler and interior is pretty much perfect, and wheels are flaky. but i had a blinking power light that i didn't know was a bad thing at the time, and it needed struts and o2 sensors and a few other small things but nothing major really. the power light turned out to just be a bad resistor, so that wasn't a big deal either but tranny issues are something you have to accept with these cars pretty much, especially 92's. i wouldn't be afraid to drive mine long distance as these are excellent touring/cruising cars. either way though, you need to talk down the price cause mine has a clean title and i'm only the 3rd or 4th owner and the first one had it for 10 years! i'd say 2 to 2,500 at the most for it. good luck and i hope you decide to join our family with one svx or another. Good Luck.