Thread: 260$ question
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Do I get $260 if I answer that for ya???

Everyone's fuel gauge is way off, it's just a common thing with SVX's.... Mine will fall really quickly from full and then slowly creap down to E (and below) from about half a tank... But I still get about 21 mpg and I can cram 16gal. into it when I fill up so it's alright... Just fill up when the gas light starts to come on... When the light comes on you still have a wopping 2.5 gallons left!!! Compaired to the 1991 MR2 turbo's .40gal left I'd say you are safe if you let it get to where the light comes on..

Wow, ya sure know a bit about them MR2s another non ricer, ricer.

I used the "fill er up when the light comes on" trick for a while, untill I started up an overpass and only made it half way up, darn light died.

Often fuel gauges are set wrong from the factory, Cadilac produced a car with a gauge that worked and customers complained of bad fuel economy so they went back to the industry standard of top half = 2/3 of the tank, bottom half = 1/3. Try it sometime, fill up most cars at 1/2 a tank and you'll put up to 2/3 of the capacity not including reserve in. This is also why you can drive most cars 30-60 miles before the needle moves off of full.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.