View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 12:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

aw man, i'm going on that site!

Alan (loves to annoy people)
Do it... do it!

Rob, I've never really lined up against one... just "fell" into quick little races on thee freeway. They couldn't quite keep up. They actually sold just a few thousand more Corrados in the U.S. than they did SVXs. I'm looking at the specs (I know, not an exact science) but the US VR6 (SLC) can supposedly mustar a 6.4 sec run to 60 with a manual or 7.8 for the auto... nasty difference. I wonder how the SVX fairs up to 60 with the manual... if it is around the same?

I think it is hard to judge a car's accelaration on how it feels. I have come across plenty of cars that feel like they are accelerating harder in comparison to my cars, but line 'em up and I leave 'em in the dust. The feeling can be deceiving.

My neighboors make me jealous (thread made me think about it). One has a super clean Corrado SLC that is always sittin' outside... it REALLY needs to be lowered and needs new wheels. Looks like it is practically ready to off road and has cheap looking low end American Racing-like wheels. The neighboor across the street from him always had this REALLY nice black 944, then it dissapeared to be replaced by a model I'm unfamiliar with (older and pretty ugly)... then that dissapeared and in stepped a '96 or so 911 turbo (drool). That thing has been in the garage dissmantled for almost a year I think, though. So who wants to come steal some cars with me?

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment