View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

Yeah, the Corrado actually seems more rare (by how often I see them... especially the VR6). They also are very similar performers next to the SVX, aren't they? One of the only VWs that I have actually respected and thought of as pretty cool.
No. Much faster than SVXs. Tiny car, with VR6= vroom vroom. I looked, and I mean SERIOUSLY looked into getting a corrado before I scored my SVX. Well, I learned a lot. The G60 sucks, first off. That's the corrado they built in the beginning. It was a supercharged 1.8 liter engine.... and man, you have to rebuild those superchargers a LOT, not to mention all the other glitches and issues those cars have (suspension, heater core problems, wiring harnesses, etc etc etc).....so then they made the Corrado SLC. Tiny car. VR6. Wow. Incredible car. Incredibly fast. Incredibly complex. I test drove an SLC, and HOLY BALLS does it haul.. it also had aftermarket suspension and it cornered INSANE. However, the upkeep for such a car is quite possibly even more so than an SVX....

but the big reason I didn't get a corrado? The owners. Head over to VW Vortex. Register a name. Go into the Corrado forum and ask people about their cars, trying to learn about them. They'll ask what you have now. If it isn't a VW, they'll harass you, ridicule you, and be complete assholes. I've never met a bigger group of dickheads in my life... VW owners can all be 'preppy' together, but I'm steering clear of them.

- Rob