View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 12:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

it seems that most mags favor the EVO, but i just read one where the STi won the 0-60 and 1/4 mile. i think it was Car & Driver? it sees that they are both pretty close performance wise, with the EVO being a little more on the edge, but the STi seems to be agreed upon to be the better one as far as being more civilized as a daily driver.
I read through the article in Motor Trend again... and even thought the Evo came out on top, by a hair, they thought could have been due to the "road" being stickier for it... and that the STi was a pre-production prototype kind of model. You know, probably not as good as the production run ones will most likely be. They just say they're both great, and to each his own. Frankly I kinda hope the STi doesn't have an explosion of popularity like the standard WRX did. I'd like it to stay pretty unique... and also don't want to see middle aged women and 16 year old ricer punks driving them.

BTW... what arguing? This thread has pretty much stayed in line as a discussion of high performance cars (except for the little blip with Rob and James... which was dispelled quickly). I haven't witnessed any fightin', just talkin', by gum.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment