View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:48 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
I've diagnosed my car with Narcolepsy

Hello All
Stopping by to see if anyone here has any suggestions for a problem my car has developed. :-/
When driving my car recently it began go to turn itself off... In the beginning it would not change in idle just all of a sudden be off. Mostly while driving but also occasionally at stop signs. I was able to put the car in neutral and turn it back on with ease.
Then the car began to do it more frequently and it was more difficult to to start the car. It would take maybe 2 rarely 3 times for me to get the car started again.
Next my car would drive the 6 miles to work.... Then on a trip back either lunchtime 4 hrs later or home 9 hrs later it wouldn't go more then half a mile without dropping in idle quickly and durning off. I was able to rev it up if it dropping in idle sometimes and it wouldn't stall but other times I would floor the gas pedal and it wouldn't rev at all.
I brought the car to my dad(1hr away) to try and have him re-create the problem to hopefully come up with a diagnoses but after it dying on me on the way there probably 20-30 times and not being sure I was even going to make it there he drove it just about every day for 2 wks and it didn't die at all on him although it did seem to be idling a little high at that point.
Anyways I took the car back thinking I'm crazy and the 2nd day I had it back it was back to the pt where I couldn't make it past half a mile. Repeat dropping it at dads and it sat for a few days(blizzards kept it buried) now he spent a few days and it is yet again not dying on him.

Although narcolepsy is logical conclusion it doesn't make sense that it's being so spurratically intermitten :-/

I know I've neglected my Old school favs on here for a bit but I know if anyone has a helpful clue it would be you!

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50