View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
I don't mean to sound like a non believer but centrifugal's pump curves don't double the flow when you double the speed. "Subaru has got slack and cooked the books".
My understanding in respect of a centrifugal pump, is that the flow rate is directly proportional to speed, all extraneous contingencies being equal, so that I do not doubt the figures published by Subaru. A curve is not involved but rather a straight line. Please qualify your opinion and advise where you have found contrary information.

Quote:
By the way if you look at the manifold on the car water goes from the left bank throught the throttle bodie and in to the manifold on the right bank. The only way this can happen is if there is a pressure difference from one side to the other, eg a major restriction in the centre.
Tony
This relates to a situation where there are two passages in parallel, with one more restrictive than the other. The relative rate of flow will be in proportion with the resistance and that offered by the larger passage can be near zero. Only a very small flow will be required to heat the throttle body. There is no reason to construe that a significant restriction exists within the major passage.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!