View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Wolfy
Re: wats the best tranny for the 5 spd swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon770 View Post
I just bought a donor car that had a bad body for 650$ so it had all the pedal assembly parts needed to make my own, as well as differential to swap in lsd, the tranny, and flywheel for the job. Tomsvx told me that he sells extended drive shafts for around $350 if I remember not including shipping but there would be a wait. I did all the work myself and bought a stage 2 clutch for 190$ on ebay. I would go for the clutch and flywheel from ebay for 450$ if I were doing it again. The cross member cost me nothing but 10$ for the wire on my welder since I had some scrap metal off the donor car I stripped that i used. I'm totaling around 860$ with out drive shaft right now. So in the long run I will have spent around 1400$ high estimate. I also only bought the car for 300$ with bad tranny hehehehehehe To have some one else do the job from what I have researched it is around a $4,000+ job and parts are included... Couldn't tell you how much it would cost for some one just to do the work. Sorry. Hope this helps. Oh and I used a 1997 Subaru Impreza L wagon for my swap. I do not plan to use this car for much racing for it is out of a 2.2L car and the tranny will not hold up to the motor long if I do. Regular driving will be fine. Hope this helps.

If you would like to check it out here are some photos of my swap.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1836535

ok damn 4000? ok i think im gonna hafta hold off on the conversion then damn. i guess ill have to purchace a tranny cooler for it to last long enough for me to get that amount of dough :P hehe honestly thanks guys for all your help, i really appreaciate it. )