View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getndrty
Okay I am now officially frustrated. Spent the last 48 hours installing a new tranny in the 92 and was happy to be running again. The first test run was a disaster. The drive shaft was hitting the heat shield, the front backing plate was hitting the rotor and spilled tranny fluid on the exhaust smoked things up real good. To top things off the ABS light and Check Engine light came on. Got back to the shop disconnected the battery, tweaked and repaired the obvious, checked all my connections Oxy Sens etc, and fired things up again. Everything seams perfect went for another run and things seamed fine. Cleaned up the shop got ready to leave and started the SVX, the darn Check Engine light came on again. I am ready to scream. Who said working on your own car was therapeutic should be shot. Now what?? Any ideas??

Help......
Okay so I check the codes and I get code 92 (knock sensors) but here is the kicker.

The check engine light goes out and I can't clear the computer. The car runs fine and I think everything is okay. but surprise, surprise the light comes back on again - same codes - and then goes out AGAIN. The car runs great and I am not getting a check engine light - so do I worry and change the knock sensors or do I just sit back and see what happens. Any idea what a knock sensor is worth?? Would regular gas effect the knock sensor?

Ideas??