View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
Penny got to take a ride on a flatbed again, this was the 4th time in almost 6 years. Today's ride was just in town and was due to (I think) blown power steering line(s). She was just in the shop on Thursday to get a noisy alternator changed. Then we find out that it wasn't the alternator making the noise but the a/c pulley which ended up seizing and melting a nice little hole in the timing cover. Have to order the pulley, so they just took the belt off so I could drive her over the weekend. Went shopping this afternoon and we were headed home when we starting smelling something and the steering started feeling a little funny. At a stoplight we could see smoke and were luckily near a gas station. Had absolutely no power steering by the time I made the turn into the gas station. So now she's sitting in the yard at the garage. I'm sure I'll get a call first thing Monday morning, "Michelle, why's Penny already here?" They'll know that I had to have her towed because only one tow company in town has the key to the gate. Hopefully the pump is still okay and it's just the lines. I knew they needed to be replaced, so I guess I'm lucky that it happened in town and not out on the road somewhere.
that blows.