View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 06:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Also sorry to hear you got a ticket. However, $65 really isn't bad... the insure hike is what'll kill ya'. My tickets are always $87 and I've been pulled over around 10+ times... most with tickets. The fee for me taking them to court bumps the cost up to $100, but has been worth it (2-3 times) in order to keep them off my record and keeping the insurance down... although I still have three on my record.

Paranoia helps quite a bit. I always get really paranoid after a ticket, but not for long enough (easy to tell from my record). They usually happen only when I'm not paying attention... like tired or bored or something. Now, I will get dropped from my insurance with another ticket, and that paranoia has kept me from getting pulled over in over a year! I think you can speed a little most the time and a lot on occasion as long as you are scared as h*ll of getting busted... so that you are very aware of what's around you in all directions all the time. Heck, I raced a guy for two miles last night up to 110 mph (speed limiter in Aurora). Knowing the road and constant scanning are very helpful.

I agree with the others that a jammer isn't a good idea. A radar detector can be helpful... only not really when you are REALLY speeding. Mine has saved my *ss a few times. Well, sorry again about the ticket. Try taking it to court and requesting a "continuance for dismissal" if you can. Good luck.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment