View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:05 PM

Registered SVX
Re: injector replacements?/suspension replacements?/seat replacements

as for the struts, IIRC There is an aftermarket strut that people use thats not koni. It was something along the lines of an upgraded OEM strut or something because the originals only lasted a less than a year or something.
- For the inserts route, does anyone have a writeup or pictures of where the cuts need to be made? or does the kit come with directions? 800 dollars is do-able for struts seeing as ones of a lego are 125-150 a piece.

as for fullout coilovers, imo its a waste of money for an svx These cars are too heavy and the suspension is too outdated to justify spending that kind of money on suspension. If I was going to throw 1500 dollars on shocks/struts I'd put it on an STi or something newer, lighter with more hp. If these cars were more common and if HP per $ was lower, I'd love to mod the svx.

As for the seats, any subaru seat will fit with simple mods of the bolt on bracket to the bottom of it. I've retrofitted many seats in lots of other subarus just not SVX's. I imagine the floor pan layout is identical to the legacy chassis since most of the car is already based off the legacy chassis to begin with. I guess some heated leather 99 Legacy GT seats will go in then. STi seats are too hard to come by where I live.

Whats the flowrate on the stock EG33 injectors? I may throw some EJ253 Injectors on there seeing how each of the EG33 cylinders is exactly proportionate to EJ22E cylinders, just having 2 more of them. EJ253 injectors should have a slightly higher flowrate iirc