View Single Post
Old 03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Thanks, thats exactly what I do, I apply just the slightest amount of gas to engage the trany, and then lean on it to reduce the slip.

plus I drive it in 3rd almost all the time.

Just got back from a NorthWest meet, and while there, met my Vancouver neighbour Dan, he has a few used tranys, so I am going to get one from him, and swap it in, and then attempt to replace the pump gasket myself, and do some exploritory surgery.
The car ran fine the whole way, and does not apear to be getting any worse, but it was mostly highway driving.

Now this is risky as I have only rebuild one trany before, and it didn't work when I was done. of course I was pretty sure it wasn't going to as I got a bags of 170 parts, and instructions that were so cryptic that explained in about 450 pages which 76 parts of the 170 I should use, and why. It was an old Ford trany. As a mechanic I was young and cocky, so the parts shop owner said he would give me the parts if thought I could do it myself.

I plan to have the trany pump pressure checked, so I can at least have an idea of where to look in this trany. But my first plan is a simple gasket replacement and to see what kind of stuff is lying around in the trany.

I believe that Beav's call on the Pump gasket is correct, from what I have read here, plus I trust Beav. But will not hold any responsible if they are wrong, as I know it doesn't take much to screw up a trany.

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms