View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 03:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
Justy's are getting very rare here as well. Mainly because of rust. I don't think you would be able to transplant a 4cyl into the Justy. It has a very narrow engine compartment and even if you did it would be harder to change the plugs than the SVX! It's a nice thought though. I think it would be better to adapt a turbo from a Suzuki Swift (Firefly/Sprint...) to fit the Justy for more power. There was a guy in Toronto looking into doing that.
I have an '85 GL behind my garage (gotta call a salvage yard someday...), but before it was moved there, I commuted with it for awhile. I replaced the radiator and rebuilt the carburetor, and during both of those repairs the friggin' vacuum tubing got in the way. It was all in okay shape, I guess, but I suspect that many of my problems were really due to the vacuum lines. I should have just replaced it all.

As for the turbo, I think that if I start to do fun things to the Justy, that'll be the route I pick (instead of the 4cyl). I agree - it's far more feasible. Of course, I'll still need to have a manifold custom made and stuff like that...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE