View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

$900 is nuts for an '88 Justy. I mean, I love the little thing and all, but come on.

Besides, I don't even think that the '88 was fuel injected. If you've ever worked on an '80s pre-FI Subaru, you'd probably avoid them. I haven't actually measured, but by my estimate my '85 GL has four hundred thousand miles of vacuum tubing.

Anyway, I'm thinking again about converting my Justy to 4WD. Yeah, it's great in the snow for FWD, but it'd be killer with 4WD. I'm going to replace the clutch this summer anyway, and there can't be that much additional work - we're talking about a JUSTY.
When my Justy was broken into they estimated it's value between $1300 - $1800 (CDN).

The 88's were not fuel injected. Actually they were the last new car in the US to not be fuel injected! Yes there's a lot of tubing under the hood. It's what also controls the 4wd as well.

Mr. Pockets, have you been in the snow with a 4WD Justy? Sooo much more fun than 2wd! Especially with snow tires! It makes you feel invincible