View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Re: Longest amount of time without an issue on your SVX?

I put about 104K mostly-highway miles over 12 years on my '92 as the second owner -from about 58K to 162K: never a breakdown and never needed any drivetrain work except for the trans cooler that the first owner installed. It's the longest I've ever owned a car and, reliability and low maintenance cost were the primary explanations. I drove the car as hard as any car I've driven although I never used the manual mode. I put on a new exhaust system at about 70K, brakes at about 100K, and wheel bearings at about 130 or 140K. I replaced the first bulbs on the car at about 155K. The visor was replaced at about 150K and the windshield at about 160K. Other than that, a set of Yokohamas at about 80K and Michelins at about 130K, and 4 or 5 antenna masts from forgetting to lower them at car washes. I put on a big chunk of the miles during a two-year period when I had to commute 200 mi. a day, 3 days a week: The SVX got 27 mpg with the excellent climate control running and earned the right to ride about 80 percent of those miles.